Microsoft is releasing two versions of Windows 11 to the Release Preview Channel today. Build 22621.1192 will be available for Insiders on Windows 11 22H2, while Build 22000.1515 will be for Insiders on the original version of Windows 11. While the former will only get one new improvement, the latter will get five at the total. As usual, both are also getting a bunch of fixes.
Build Windows 11 22621.1192
The only Insider improvement in Build 22621.1192 focuses on the experience of .NET Framework preview updates. According to Microsoft, this change will allow users to see all future .NET Framework preview (optional) updates on the “Optional updates” page (Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates) and to control which optional updates to install. In the meantime, here are the fixes included in the build.
Build Windows 11 22000.1515
For insiders in the release preview channel running the original version of Windows 11, build 22000.1515 will bring five improvements, though they’re not a big deal as they’ve been introduced by Microsoft in other builds before. Nevertheless, here are the changes that Microsoft introduces in this version.
- Combining Windows Spotlight with themes on the Personalization page, making Windows Spotlight functionality more accessible.
- Improved Microsoft account experience, allowing users to manage OneDrive subscriptions and storage alerts instead.
- The total amount of storage capacity from all OneDrive subscriptions will be displayed next to the total storage on the Accounts page of the Settings app.
- There will be storage alerts for Microsoft OneDrive subscribers on the Systems page of the Settings app when the user is about to reach the storage limit. It also provides a way to manage and purchase additional storage.
- The Accounts page in the Settings app will start displaying Xbox subscription details, allowing users to manage the subscription on the page.
Here are the upcoming fixes for Build 22000.1515.